When it comes to hiking, all the backpackers desire to have a comfortable as well as well designed backpack to get the most out of their trekking experience. Baby hiking backpacks are one of them as its comfortable and supportive designs allow people to have a safe ride. However, the backpacks are a bit pricey as they provide features like rich builds, including quality harnesses, padding and suspension systems. So, in the next section, we are going to brief you about the top baby carrier packs that are quite innovative in design and are strong.
Moreover, as safety is our first priority so we had conducted a research on the best baby carriers for hiking and came up with the strongest backpacks that provide all-round facilities.
- 1 Baby Carrier Buying Advice
- 2 Top 7 Baby Hiking Backpack
- 3 Osprey Poco AG Plus
- 4 Kelty Journey PerfectFit
- 5 Thule Sapling Elite
- 6 Clevr Baby Backpack Cross Country Carrier
- 7 Boba 4G Carrier
- 8 Conclusion
Baby Carrier Buying Advice
- Baby Carrier Pack Division
- Comfort And Padding Carrying
- Cockpit and Harness Satisfaction
- Protection from Sun & Rain
- Pack weight
- Pockets & Storage Capacity
- Child Weight and Weight Suggestions
- Safety Of the Pack
Top 7 Baby Hiking Backpack
Here we provided 7 excellent and best baby hiking backpack. As there are various companies that are present in the market, it can be quite confusing for you to find and buy the best product. However, no need to worry as with the help of this article, you can easily buy a top class baby hiking backpack. So withoutwasting any time, let’s have a look at the top seven products.
Deuter Kid Comfort 3
Price– Onwards $300
Weight– 7lbs. 11 oz approx
Category– Comfort Pack
Deuter Kid Comfort 3 is one of the topmost backpackers as it provides comfort, safety, premium built quality and also has a competitive price. Moreover, they are known for providing comfort and has a sturdy metal frame that can easily handle a growing and active child. For adults, the plush padding that is present on the hip belt makes it more comfortable and supportive. Additionally, it has a washable front pad, supportive sides, the tall back that makes it more handy for users to enjoy hiking even better
- Easy to Use: It is one of the baby carriers that is quite easy to use without having an support.
- Well-Ventilated: According to the users, they are not prone to much perspiration. In fact, it is 15% less just because of Deuter’s breathable Aircontact back system.
- Fully Adjustable: In the case of adjusting to the wearer’s torso length, the Deuter VariFit system adjusts easily. Moreover, without having a disrupting of precious cargo, it makes switching much easier and one can switch from one user to another as per their needs.
- Pockets are hard to reach: It is quite problematic as when the pack in on the back, one cannot access the necessities or reach for the water bottles. It is one of the main drawbacks that Deuter Kid Comfort 3 has.
- Unstable on flat surfaces: Generally, the backpack tips over when one sits on the ground. So this increases the risk of accidents as the baby might come out of the bag.
Osprey Poco AG Plus
Price– Onwards $290
Weight– 7lbs. 11 oz. approx
Category– Comfort pack
Osprey has been one of the best packers from day hiking to backpacking. There are three levels of Poco AG line of child carriers. However, people usually prefer the mid-range ‘Plus.’ Moreover, the features make it more demanding for users. Moreover, the pack generally shares the Anti-Gravity suspension system having popular backpacking models. Also, it keeps the back in proper shape providing great support and reduce the trouble of carrying it. Moreover, it has a high storage capacity measuring 26 liters. This is much more than the 18 liters volume of the Deuter. However, the Osprey is not much supportive than the Deuter.
- Award-Winning: It is one of the award-winning backpacker companies that has been awarded the Editor’s Choice for the anti-gravity suspension system. Moreover, in order to deliver unsurpassed balance and stabilization, it combines contoured suspension and seamless mesh. This feature of Osprey makes the user feel as if they are not wearing any pack.
- Provides Stability: It provides much stability and one can easily load or unload the baby as the backpacker has an extra-wide base, locking foot bar and dual grab handles.
- Loading With Storage: With the Poco AG, one never have to concern about storage. In order to keep the baby supplies handy, the Osprey provide users with extra storage. Additionally, these type of backpackers is quite useful for shorter urban hike or walk.
- Not For Infants: It is very hard to use until the babies can lift their head up. The main drawback is you cannot insert or adjust to accommodate smaller babies.
- More Expensive: Without being affordable, it is a bit hard to get top line benefits as the cost is a bit higher than other backpackers. So most of the people face issues while buying the Poco AG.
Kelty Journey PerfectFit
Weight– 5 lbs. 4 oz.approx
Category- Lightweight/comfort pack
Sunshade– No (separate accessory)
Kelty Journey PerfectFit is a great budget baby carrier that you can use for shorter hikes. It is one of the best baby hiking backpacks for short-term hiking. One of the important factors that every parent care about is how well the child stap to the more costly models above. External features like seat adjustability, nice padding facility around more comfortable places. If you go for Journey PerfectFit you can be rest assured of saving over 2 pounds if you compare it to the outstanding packs having similar weight.
However, it is to hard to use the Journey for longer hiking. However, for short jaunts, the padding is much soft and supportive. Here the issues may also arise due to minimal features. Moreover, the backpackers misses the hydration compatible sleeve, zippered hip belt pockets. However, one can easily afford to buy Kelty forgiving the features aside.
- Designed with Roll-Cage Protection– With no danger of collapsing, the padded, V-bar design creates a safe cockpit and also makes it more attractive.
Safe for Little Fingers- Also, additionally you do not have to worry about the safety of the baby. As Kelty provides users with a no-pinch hinge.
- Lightweight: It’s lightweight texture is an additional feature and having weight of at least five pounds help users to use it for long trail.
- Not for Infants– Basically, it is quite a trouble handling the infants as it has lack of head support. Basically, one cannot use the backpackers for children those who can not hold their head up.
- No Water Storage– The basic drawback of Kelty backpacker is that it has no convenient place to store water bottles or bladder.
- Straps Are Difficult to Adjust– According to most of the users, people may face difficulties in securing the baby’s safety straps. Moreover, it is hard to adjust.
Thule Sapling Elite
Price– Onward $320
Weight– 7 lbs. 15 oz.approx
Category– Comfort Pack
Over the past few years, Thule has been one of the significant companies that has been manufacturing backpackers. One can expertise every bell and whistle that one dreams off as the Sapling Elite is the topmost baby hiking backpack brand of Thule. Additionally, along with the features like durable suspension and highly adjustable shoulder leash and hip belt, it provides users with a zip-off daypack, sunshade, stirrups and two very large hip belt pockets. If you are thinking about the design, it is similar with the Deuter and has similar side access.These features makes hiking more easier. Moreover, according to most of the users, Thule is one of the premium alternatives to Osprey and Deuter.
However, it does not top the list as there are many features that are not present in the Sapling Elite. The basic drawback that causes the problem is that the back panel design is not as compared to the other branded backpacks. Also, the backpack does allow a close fit and is a little bit stiffer than other brands. However, it offers a trimmed down version of the Saplings which makes it quite impressive.
- Ergonomic Support– Sapling has been one of the best since years and it provide babies with an extra inner-thigh support and splint. Providing ultimate comfort is the main advantage for preferring such backpackers.
- Mirror for Watching Baby– It also allow users to monitor their babies by providing a mirror. This makes the users active about every moment and makes them aware of each and every condition.
- Hydration Pouch– Having a hydration sleeve is sufficient for carrying 3 liters of water. So if you have it, no one will go thirsty.
- Kickstand Is Difficult to Use– While the baby is strapped in, the main point of concern is the deployment. As redistributing the kickstand requires much amount of force.
- More Expensive– With its high price it compensates the consumers with its built quality and its virtue of being special.
- Missing Items at Delivery– Having extras are quite impressive but they are useless if they are not promising enough. Basically, people complain about the missing of products that customers face.
Clevr Baby Backpack Cross Country Carrier
Price– Onward $135
Weight– 5 lbs. 2 oz.approx
Category– Comfort/ lightweight Pack
It is one of the best baby hiking backpacks although the name and generic styling may not create a strong impact. Moreover, it is less costly than other products. The most impressive part is the extras that it provides within a minimal cost. Having clear plastic sides and excellent array of pockets, it gives protection to the babies from sun rays as well as from rain.
It is a much-advanced backpack having a wide range of facilities. Compared to other top-models the padded hip belt and the shoulder straps are much cheaper. Also, it has drop-in comfort and nit-picking sizing adjustments. Moreover, it is much comfortable for short hikes.
- Affordable– For budget-conscious parents it is one of the best backpacks as it is a less-expensive carrier.
- Lightweight– The construction of the Baby Backpack Cross-Country Carrier is very light and most of the users prefer it as it only five pounds in weight.
- Loaded with Storage- It has numerous features and facilities with multiplex pockets, two water bottle holders and an extra-large pocket.
- Less Comfortable– It is considered to be less comfortable all across the board of users. Moreover, it has limited protection and no foot pegs for babies.
- Less Supportive: It is less supportive as the size and strength of the waist belt are not that strong to avoid slipping and bunching during wear.
Boba 4G Carrier
Price– Onward $104.88
Weight– 2.2 pounds approx
Category– Comfort/ lightweight Pack
With the growth of the baby, the Boba 4G also increases in size. However, it is quite difficult for working on long treks.
- Good for Little Ones to Toddlers- It is one of the best backpacks that is used as a front-facing carrier and can withstand children upto twenty-five pounds.
- Loaded With Extras- It provides extra support and it is great for new born babies. Moreover, the babies get extra support and stability by the foot straps.
- Easy for Nursing- As a parent, you will not have to worry about the ease and comfort or also during feeding a baby during a nature excursion.
- Not Freestanding: As because the Boba is a soft pack you might find various problems while putting a baby inside the backpack.
- Lint Magnet– The one at the top, says that users often complain about the Boba’s penchant for attracting lint.
- Poor Fit for Smaller Adults- Although Boba has top notch qualities, but still most of the children face problems to fit it inside which is compelling them to return it.
Phil & Teds Parade
- Price– Onward $140
- Weight– 4 lbs. 6 oz. approx
- Category– Lightweight pack
- Sunshade– No
If you are willing to have a quick adventure, then you can easily rely on Phil & Ted’s backpackers. Moreover, in order to provide necessary support, it provide users with aluminum frame and adjustable harness system. It is also very small and easy to carry out. However, it is of less appealing to users for hiking trips. The drawback that you may suffer from is that it has very low storage and is not that functional. Also the hip belt and the shoulder straps are not very convenient for users.
- Provides External Facilities– It has multiple features like sleeping hood, changing pad, removable daypack, rain proof, mirror and foot stirrups.
- Comfort for Baby– The moldable headrest and shoulder cradle offers the extra support in order to develop the neck muscles.
- Easy to Load– As a user you can easily load and unload your baby safely. The external features include two carry hand grips and one can even use a single hand to pop in or out.
- Heavy- Even before one can strap their baby, all the extras and the stability factors make the backpack quite heavy.
- No Hydration Sleeve– You have to purchase the water bladder externally as the backpack comes up with a generous hydration pouch.
Before going to the market, take a note of our tips to choose the perfect pair for you. Keep these factors in consideration before buying the product – comfort, waterproof, flexibility, durability, adjustment etc. In simpler terms, follow all the products and buy the most affordable one that suits your budget. Although there is not much confusion regarding baby hiking backpack. So, I can only provide you the details about the backpack and you have to choose your backpack wisely and rock the hiking on your own. Moreover it is going to provide you a pleasant experience of carrying a baby. Lastly follow the entire article and proceed on with your backpack buying.