Hiking is separated into day-hikes and multiple-day hikes. Hiking is incomplete without necessary equipment taken on an outdoor trip. Among the essential equipment to carry the backpack is the vital one. Suppose you go on a hiking trip, you will definitely need the best-suited hiking backpack to carry the essential things. So, we are listing some of the best backpacks with details information.
- 1 Top 3 Best Hiking Backpack For Men
- 2 Top 3 Best Hiking Backpack For Women
- 3 Top 3 Best Hiking Backpack For Kids
- 4 Best Hiking Backpack 2019: Endnote
Top 3 Best Hiking Backpack For Men
Here is a recommendation for the perfect hiking backpacks. So read features of each and every backpack attentively.
Osprey Atmos AG 65 Pack
Osprey Atmos AG 65 Pack is one of the most trustworthy backpacks in the present market. Customers have chosen the product for its features and amazing looks. The backpack seems to be one of the most perfect one available and for valid reasons. Let’s take a look at what makes Osprey Atoms AG 65 such a hit.
- Top-loading main compartment with padded 3D suspension contouring promotes ventilation and upper body mobility
- Upper and lower side compression straps reduce bulk and stabilize the load for optimal weight distribution
- Pack exterior featuring front stretch mesh pocket with 2 ice tool loops, and a Stow trekking pole attachment
- Zippered sleeping bag compartment with a removable divider
- Removable sleeping pad straps; sternum strap also comes with an integrated safety whistle
- The peripheral frame connects the upper load lifters and the central core to the hip belt spreading the load
- Anti-Gravity ventilated mesh back panel contours automatically to the body, distributing weight and provide outstanding fit
- Removable floating top lid with 2 zippered pockets with web attachment points
- Adjustable harness for fine-tuning the fit
- Comfortable, heavy load carrying durability, convenient storage.
- A bit heavier, not waterproof, no magnetic reservoir attachment, problematic hip pockets
Osprey Exos 58 Pack
Osprey Exos 58 Pack comes with proper cushioning and comfort. The Exos is kind of perfect for adventurers looking for ultralight backpacking without sacrificing ventilation and load support.
- Reduced weight to 2.5lbs by removing the top lid, sleeping pad straps and compression straps
- Suspension system keeps the weight off your back and increases ventilation with a 4mm alloy frame and a shaped, tensioned breathable mesh back panel
- The cushioned harness is made of seamless layered mesh
- Adjustable sternum strap with an integrated safety whistle and a stretch mesh pocket to hold energy drink
- Floating lids with zippered pockets on top and under it;
- A Removable lid to minimize weight. Can be replaced it with the protective cover.
- Trekking pole attachment loops to quickly store poles whenever you need your hands free
- The hydration-compatible design places the reservoir in a cavity behind the back panel for easy refilling
- Dual removable compression straps for extra pack volume to keep it close to your body
- Dual-access stretch-mesh side pockets with side compression straps to store water bottles and snacks
- Comfortable, Easy To Use, Good Suspension, Highly Adjustable, Large Capacity, Lightweight
- A bit heavier
Deuter Aircontact Lite 65 + 10 Pack
Deuter backpack is one of the best choices for beginners with a simple and unique design. It comes with an adjustable frame and expandable collar. The Aircontact 65+ is one of its best features. It does a good job helping the back breathe and can pack luggage of up to 75. Here are some important features which make it a near perfect choice.
- Strong and durable fabric with 3D Air Mesh back panel, shoulder straps and hip belt.
- Lower compression strap tunneled through the stretch pocket. Also, Ergonomic Comfort Lock hip belt provides better load transfer with a compact fit
- Compatible Hydration system
- AirContact Lite Backsystem uses open-cell foam for increased ventilation. Also, integrated anatomic X-frame aluminum provide effective load transfer
- Vari-Quick adjustable torso length adjustable belt (15-21 inches).
- External lid pocket; valuables pocket on lid interior; stretch side pockets; large front stretch pocket; internal valuables pocket
- Separate bottom compartment with zippered divider to hold a sleeping bag
- Extendable 10-liter pack collar; accessory loops on pack body for extra attachment; top lid attachment loops; ice tool or hiking pole attachment loops
- S-shaped shoulder harness with ergonomic padding with soft edges and airy 3D mesh lining added with load adjustment straps at shoulders
- Side compression straps for regulating pack volume
- Pull-Forward construction for easy hip belt fastening for heavy loads; stretch-mesh zippered pockets on the hip belt
- Height-adjustable removable lid and chest strap
Top 3 Best Hiking Backpack For Women
Gender is never an issue and you will find many female hikers making history and breaking records every day. But it is a fact that the men and are a bit differently built and while hiking one needs optimized gears. Here are the 3 hiking backpacks for women to consider buying in 2019.
Osprey Tempest 20 pack
No more sliding shoulder straps and uncomfortable bulges digging into the spine. Osprey Tempest 20 is one of the best hiking backpacks specially designed for women. It is ergonomic and comes with handy slots and pockets for keeps important things at hand.
- Dual zippered panel access to the main compartment
- Large stretch-mesh front panel pocket; zippered top panel pocket; side stretch-mesh pockets; harness stash pocket; 2 zippered hip belt pockets
- External hydration sleeve (hydration reservoir sold separately)
- Ice-tool loop with bungee tie-offs
- Lower Inside Out compression/carry straps
- LidLock for helmet attachment; Stow-On-The-Go trekking pole attachment
REI Co-op Traverse 35 Pack
The Traverse 35 Pack features impressive specifications. The back panel has proper ventilation, with a padded belt and built-in rain cover. It also packs tool loops that are usually not featured in most daypacks. The volume of the bag makes it a fantastic choice for day hikes. The new REI technology makes weight distribution almost perfect.
- The back panel offers lumbar support with proper ventilation
- 3D contoured hip belt with sculpted foam padding for perfect body fit and all-day comfort
- Two large zippered pockets for easily accessing tools.
- REI Compression technology helps to maintain the center of gravity improving balance and stability
- On-the-go bottle pockets
- Tool keepers and lash points to hang necessary tools
- Spacious hip belt pockets to carry cell phones, camera or food for on the go
- Hydration compatible with tube holder on shoulder strap
- The integrated rain cover for wet weather
Osprey Sirrus 24 Pack
Osprey Sirrus 24 Pack is an innovative one. The frame of the backpack is extremely well made and near unbreakable. Also, the bag is very spacious and can easily carry a water bladder with a tube.
- Dual zippered panel access to the main compartment
- Front panel vertical zippered stash pocket and front panel storage pocket. It also has a large top panel zip stash pocket with side stretch-mesh pockets hip belt pockets
- It has integrated rain cover and an internal hydration reservoir sleeve
- Ice-tool loop with bungee tie-off
Top 3 Best Hiking Backpack For Kids
Kids also these go on hiking trips with parents and also on excursions from schools. If you are looking to buy a hiking backpack for your children, you can buy any of these three.
REI Co-op Tarn 18 Pack
REI Co-op Tarn 18 is probably the best in the category. It works splendidly on every type of trail without any type of problems. It is almost perfectly designed and kid of up to 10-12 years old can use it.
- Easy to access hydration chambers with water bottle pockets
- Large main zippered compartment with added front pocket. The front pocket is spacious enough to hold a light jacket and zippered internal pocket to store essentials securely
- Padded hip belt with pockets is perfect for storing snacks and treasures
- Comfortable hydration reservoir with padded shoulder straps and padded back panel with built-in airflow channel for improved ventilation
- Side compression straps stabilize the load while in the trail.
REI Co-op Tarn 12 Pack
REI Co-op Tarn 12 pack provides optimum comfort for kids carrying a heavy load while hiking. A jacket pocket on the outside and the waist straps make it a near perfect design. Let’s check the features in details.
- Make it easy for kids to stay hydrated with easy to access water bottle pockets
- Buckled hip belt for proper weight distribution
- Zipper pulls and lashes loops double as reflective accents
- Large main zippered compartment and front stuff pocket with stretch mesh side panels for holding light jacket.
- Padded shoulder straps are comfortable and a padded back panel with built-in airflow channel improves ventilation
Deuter Schmusebar Pack
Deuter Schmusebar pack comes with two mesh pockets to hold bottles or sticky fluids out of the main pack. It also has an outside zip pocket for smaller items. But it’s better to take a detailed look into the features
- Breathable shoulder straps and foam back panel
- The Deuter Schmusebar pack has reflective accents
- Spacious main compartment with mesh side pockets and zippered front pocket
- Customizable name tag inside and teddy bear included
Best Hiking Backpack 2019: Endnote
Osprey Exos is probably the best backpack for heavier loads for men and Osprey Tempest is for women. Hope that this article has helped you selecting you next hiking backpack. The ones mentioned here are some of the best in the present market and surely will be among the top-selling biking backpacks in 2019.