Heading out on a hiking expedition? Do the mountains call to you? Doesn’t matter if trekking and exploring the mountains is your passion or profession or if you are going for your first hiking trip. The primary tool that you will need is a good pair of boots. If you are planning to buy your first pair or looking for an upgrade, you can check out North Face.
North Face hiking boots are globally popular and for valid reasons. They make a wide range of hiking boots and also products specially made for specific conditions. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular models sold by this company.
- 1 Best Of North Face Hiking Boots
- 1.1 North Face Men’s Hiking Boots
- 1.2 North Face Women’s Hiking Boots
- 1.3 North Face Insulated Hiking Boots
Best Of North Face Hiking Boots
Before you buy your pair of North Face boots for hiking, make sure you buy the one you need. There is a long range of boots available for specific purposes. If you buy a pair suitable for day-hikes and intermediate trekking, it will never serve the purpose in snowy conditions.
So, how should you choose the perfect pair for your trip? Just keep reading to know more.
North Face Men’s Hiking Boots
Take a look at the given list:
ENDURUS HIKE MID GORE-TEX®
Endurus is a perfect shoe for trekkers of every nature. It is exceptionally well built with XtraFoam midsole for added support and proper stability. Also, the Gore-Tex waterproof membrane is perfect for wet and rainy conditions.
- Comfortable and mid-rise hiking boots for day hikes
- Waterproof breathable membrane
- Welded-TPU geo quarter panels offer perfect support
- Rugged toe protection guaranteed by TPU welded toe caps
- OrthLite footbed
- XtraFoam midsoles for soft-density foam underfoot
- ESS Snake Plate protection from stone bruising
- 4mm sole lugs with biting edges
- Made with FlashDry fabrics for accelerated moisture removal and drying
HEDGEHOG FASTPACK MID GORE-TEX®
Hedgehog Fastpack is a perfect mid-cut hiking boot for fast travel through dry trails. The boots are lightweight and also come with CRADLE stride-correction technology along with durable Vibram outsole. It is also perfect for rainy conditions with a breathable Gore-Tex® membrane.
Waterproof GORE-TEX Membrane
Lightweight mid-cut hiker
TPU quarter weld structure
Leather coated with Polyurethane
Abrasion-free breathable textile mesh body with rustproof hardware
TPU heel stability
Dual-density and compression molded EVA midsole accompanied by Cradle Guide
Long-lasting Vibram rubber outsole
STORM III MID WATERPROOF
Just like the name suggests, the Storm III is your perfect companion in damp conditions. If you are looking to go on a coastal hike or hitting the mountain trails in the rainy season, this will be perfect for you. Also, the breathable mesh body helps in keeping debris out. Furthermore, the Vibram soles grip very well on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Foam padded tongue and collar lining helps in long hikes
- Tongue with gusset for protection from wet debris and breathable mesh fabric
- Made with an OrthoLite footbed
- Suede geo quarter panel for midfoot support and compressed EVA midsole
- ESS Snake Plate for protection against stone bruising
- Vibram XS Trek soles for wet and dry terrain
NORTH FACE MOUNTAIN SNEAKER
This pair of boots is perfect for moderate trails and also something an occasional hiker would look for. Made to give proper support in moderate hikes and extremely light in weight. The pair also looks stylish and can be worn for regular use as well. This simple mountain sneaker also sports multi-directional lugs for better traction on various surfaces.
- Lightweight and stretch-mesh vamp
- Synthetic-suede quarter overlay
- TPU toe-caps (No-sew) for rugged protection and OrthoLite footbed
- XtraFoam midsole ensuring underfoot comfort increased cushioning and total in-trail stability
- Decoupled outsole design
- Multi-directional 4 mm lugs for traction on variable terrain
- EVA shock-absorbing midsole construction
- Cradle technology for heel-positioning
So, these were some of the most popular and widely chosen North Face Men’s Hiking boots that you can go for. These boots have all got good market reviews and customers generally have no such complains about their purchases. We are also going to take a look at some great options for female hikers.
North Face Women’s Hiking Boots
If you are a female hiker looking to buy the perfect hiking shoes, consider the following options:
ULTRA FASTPACK III MID GTX®
North Face tags this pair of boots as the next gen of nimble hiking shoes. These hiking boots for women are totally waterproof and features the new TNF FastFoam midsole system. This not only helps with the balance while on the trail but also helps to cover more miles faster.
TPU coated woven mesh for protection against trail debris
Lightweight midfoot support coupled with welded eyestay and quarter underlay
TPU toe caps and heel overlay for rugged protection and increased stability
OrthoLite footbed with FastFoam midsole for responsiveness
Torsional rigidity and stone bruising protection by ESS midfoot shank
Vibram Megagrip outsole for sticky traction
The waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX membrane
HEDGEHOG HIKE II MID GTX®
Hedgehog Hike II is probably your perfect pair of all-purpose mountain trails for female hikers. It helps in traveling through wet terrain without much concern and assists in picking up the pace as well. The Gore-Tex mid-height is also waterproof and helps in keeping your feet dry in wet and damp conditions. The gusseted tongue also helps in keeping in-trail debris out. Furthermore, the OrthoLite footbed provides total comfort on almost every kind of terrain. From valleys to rugged uphill treks, these boots always have your back.
- ESS Snake plate for toe and underfoot protection
- TPU heel assist for proper foot positioning
- Vibram XS Trek outsole
- Padded waterproof mesh collar and tongue with integrated Gore-Tex technology
STORM III MID WATERPROOF
Move ahead with Storm III through wet and damp terrains. Doesn’t matter whether you are going on a beach trek or hitting the hills in the rainy season, you can always count on Storm III. The pair also comes with breathable mesh fabric keeping your feet free and airy. Furthermore, you also get Vibram soles for a proper grip on wet and dry surfaces.
- Waterproof mid-hight boots with suede quarter panel adding midfoot support
- Breathable mesh with gusseted and padded tongue and collar
- ESS Snake Plate for protection against stone bruising
- Lug pattern sole (Vibram XS Trek) for wet and dry surfaces
- OrthoLite footbed and EVA midsoles for long-lasting comfort
VERTO APPROACH III
Pace uphill with Verto Approach III. These boots are designed for trail running and crag approaches. This nimble design provides a perfect balance of cushioning and flexibility guaranteeing proper traction. If you are a newbie or an occasional hiker, this is one design you can seriously consider.
- Suede camp and mudguard for optimum performance on rocky surfaces and traction
- Welded TPU midfoot support and molded rubber toe cap
- Breathable mesh quarter panel and CRADLE heel-stability technology
- Lug pattern and Vibram sticky pattern outsole for an excellent grip on mixed and rocky terrain
So, these were the North Face Women’s Hiking boots that are very highly regarded in the market. But when talking about hiking/trekking, the trails vary. Not all boots work well on every trail.
Not having the perfect pair of boots is not only bad for your feet but also increases the risks of accidents. If you consider icy or snowy trails, none of the above-mentioned boots will be of much use. So, since we are discussing some of the most popular North Face Hiking Boots for Men and Women, let’s also check out the ones made for snowy conditions.
North Face Insulated Hiking Boots
Insulated boots are specially designed for such terrains and these make sure you don’t skid on the ice and fall. They also keep your feet warm in harsh conditions.
VERTO S6K GLACIER GORE-TEX® BOOTS
Designed to help you reach summits, Verto S6K boots are more than good enough for snowy and icy trails. If you are thinking of hiking to the Annapurna Base Camp in the winter, this can be the ideal pair of boots for you. It is rugged and warm and is compatible with crampons. The pair comes with Gore-Tex waterproof membrane and also Duratherm insulation.
Compatible with full-crampon for mountaineering
SmartLite polyurethane mudguard accompanied with stainless steel upper and locking instep eyelets
TPU Cradle heel-stability with integrated crampon spoiler
Four-part midsoles with EVA heel cushioning and TPU shank
Polypropylene lasting board for 400g PrimaLoft insulation
ERTO S6K EXTREME
Probably the best-in-class pair for all-out summit expeditions. The Erto S6K Extreme is made to enhance performance on rugged terrains and comes with full-crampon compatibility. The pair also includes PrimaLoft insulation coupled with added aerogel insulation.
- Ballistic nylon upper with HydroSeal waterproofing
- SmartLite Polyurethane mudguard
- Aerogel insulation for added warmth and protection coupled with 200g PrimaLoft
- TPU Cradle heel-stability technology with crampon spoiler and medical abrasion protection(SuperFabric)
- Vibram Mulaz outsole and carbon fiber lasting board.
So, hope this set of short reviews help you to select the proper pair of boots for your next hike. Make sure you are choosing the proper design as it is extremely important not only for performance but also for your safety. The mountains are definitely peaceful and serene but are dangerous at the same time.
Safety is of prime importance while on hikes and so is choosing the perfect pair. All the best for your next expedition!